Firstly I would really want to thank all of you who participated and sent me their most precious memories. It felt like I lived each and every one of them, the way every memory was described, each minute, the pause for effect, the punctuations, the 'rofl', every description made me a part of them like I was a third eye watching it happen... and not just sharing something that is so close to your heart with a complete stranger but also reading it is just overwhelming and I really thank you all once again. I know how dear your memories are to you which is why it made it so difficult to pick just three. Mind you, there were no favourites, I just randomly picked three. So here goes...
And the winners are.. *drumroll*
So we decided to sit near the carousel and eat french fries while looking at the tower. It was all good, although my ears were freezing, so he gave me his scarf that I wrapped around my head, and I already had a runny nose. And within the next few minutes I was attacked by a bird that stole a french fry from my hand while I was about to eat it! I don't think either of us could have laughed any harder. He kept shooing birds away, while I hurriedly finished the rest of my fries. It was hilarious! - Roxanne D'souza, 24, Mumbai
I was getting ready for my reception. The over enthusiastic hair dresser was quite pushy that I don different 'looks' for each ceremony...too ambitious given my short crop! I just wanted to finish with it and couldn't wait to feel normal again. I was looking and feeling like a bling christmas tree complete with my nerdy glasses. I was so underconfident... I told my hubby I'm feeling quite horrid about the disgusting 'look'. My hubby cooly held my hands and walked with so much pride.. he just said you're looking great baby. My friends told me he flashed the happiest smile.
- Dipti Pai, 30, Mumbai
David Guetta concert in gurgaon. The one day I wouldn't want to forget for eternity. For every time I think of it I realise how lucky I am. After months of talking, my boyfriend and I met there for the first time. It wasn't a place first dates are made of - lot of noise and people. But, we sat anyway for when we did, the words came naturally. The jokes were so easy and the smile was the most real I had in a long long time. Now, we won't be in the same city but that night taught us to dream a million dreams together. It felt like reaching the end of the world. It felt a lot like love.
- Tanya Puri, 20, Gurgaon
And the winners are.. *drumroll*
So we decided to sit near the carousel and eat french fries while looking at the tower. It was all good, although my ears were freezing, so he gave me his scarf that I wrapped around my head, and I already had a runny nose. And within the next few minutes I was attacked by a bird that stole a french fry from my hand while I was about to eat it! I don't think either of us could have laughed any harder. He kept shooing birds away, while I hurriedly finished the rest of my fries. It was hilarious! - Roxanne D'souza, 24, Mumbai
I was getting ready for my reception. The over enthusiastic hair dresser was quite pushy that I don different 'looks' for each ceremony...too ambitious given my short crop! I just wanted to finish with it and couldn't wait to feel normal again. I was looking and feeling like a bling christmas tree complete with my nerdy glasses. I was so underconfident... I told my hubby I'm feeling quite horrid about the disgusting 'look'. My hubby cooly held my hands and walked with so much pride.. he just said you're looking great baby. My friends told me he flashed the happiest smile.
- Dipti Pai, 30, Mumbai
David Guetta concert in gurgaon. The one day I wouldn't want to forget for eternity. For every time I think of it I realise how lucky I am. After months of talking, my boyfriend and I met there for the first time. It wasn't a place first dates are made of - lot of noise and people. But, we sat anyway for when we did, the words came naturally. The jokes were so easy and the smile was the most real I had in a long long time. Now, we won't be in the same city but that night taught us to dream a million dreams together. It felt like reaching the end of the world. It felt a lot like love.
- Tanya Puri, 20, Gurgaon
Congratulations ladies!
Hang on, there's more. So you must be wondering why are those speech bubbles left empty. That's a little surprise for you that I didn't mention earlier. Because you shared your memories with me, I thought why not personalise your copies. Even though I got to read them, I didn't really live them, only you know how the moment was. So you can write in there what exactly happened at that moment. The words, the whispers, the silence, whatever it was.. you can fill it yourself :) So hurry and mail me your postal details to shamikasdoodles@gmail.com and i'l send you your copies. Have a great day!
P.S. There was something else I wanted to share with you guys that I noticed from the many entries I received.. Compared to women, barely a handful of men mailed me. And I jumped to the conclusion that how true it is that women are so much more emotional (I certainly don't mean men aren't) It's just that women hold on to things (be it a good memory or bad) whereas men let go. And this whole contest was just a small example that made me observe something so big. Well.. I think it's rightly said, women express their emotions whereas men supress them.
Until next time,
Sham



No comments:
Post a Comment