Saturday, 22 June 2013

Amusement parks

Since I was a child I had this unconditional love towards amusement parks. Sitting on every ride was like an achievement, like I have accomplished something. And that feeling has stayed with me ever since.. Watching the ferris wheel reach the top, or the roller coaster give jitters to the strongest hearts or watching happy couples trying to chase one another on the carousel...


  
Sitting on a roller coaster was like watching the world go by from another perspective...



And the carousel that always made me feel like a cowgirl... Every ride was a new experience..

Long time ago I saw this movie 'Uptown Girls' (mind you, it is most definitely not a mindless chick flick) and what a movie it was! Firstly, it has brilliant actors (Brittany Murphy and Dakota Fanning) and most importantly a lot of meaning and depth.
 


One of my favourite dialogues in the film was this... "So I got on it and I started spinning around and 'round and round' and the ride won't stop." where Brittany Murphy says that when she was little she lost her parents and she was scared, and sitting in that giant teacup and spinning around seemed to be the simplest thing, that would make things ok...


And I think rides do just that. 
The adrenaline rush, the desire to overcome your fears, the excitement, the butterflies in your tummy, the feeling of being alive or if not all that, just to be happy.. That something as simple as amusement parks could bring out so many feelings in a person!

P.S. A few scenes from the movie really touched my heart and I can watch them endlessly, click here to have a look.  

Until next time,
Sham

No comments:

Post a Comment